If you want to interact with external programs from your Python applications, Sarge is a library which is intended to make your life easier than using the subprocess module in Python’s standard library.
Boltons is a set of pure-Python utilities in the same spirit as — and yet conspicuously missing from — the the standard library, including:
- Atomic file saving, bolted on with fileutils
- A highly-optimized OrderedMultiDict, in dictutils
- Two types of PriorityQueue, in queueutils
- Chunked and windowed() iteration, in iterutils
- A full-featured TracebackInfo type, for representing stack traces, in tbutils